Percival P.31C Proctor 4
Single engine communications aircraft
In 1947 6 Percival Proctors were procured to ensure the training of wireless operators and observers. Very soon the Avro Anson was preferred for the specific training of wireless operators and the main task of the Proctor became that of communications aircraft at the 169th Wing later becoming the 15th Wing. Only the Radio-School, a section of the Technical School of Saffraanberg used a Proctor for the training of its radio-telegraph students. In 1954 with the modernisation of the air assets of the Belgian Air Force the remaining Proctors were either sold on the civilian market or scrapped. One aircraft is preserved at the Brussels’ Royal Army Museum.