Cierva C.30A Autogiro
Single engine twin seat observation Autogiro
In March 1934 Cierva test pilot Reginald Brie successfully presented the company owned Cierva C.30A (G-ACWO) to the military authorities at Evere airbase. Aéronautique Militaire Belge Chief of staff General Maurice Gilliaux even made a flight with the new machine. To further study to possibilities offered by this new type of aircraft in the field of liaison, observation, estafette and on the spot delivery of messages; the Belgian Government decided to acquire a single C.30A in May 1935. Three pilots were designated to perform the requested evaluation program; Cpt Danckers, Lt Firmin Capron and Adj Georges Dizy. As the tests were unsatisfactory the General Staff decided to end the experiment and the Autogiro was stored. According to different sources the machine was destroyed during the attack of the Germans on Bierset airbase in May 1940.