Airspeed Oxford C.1 & C.2
Twin-engine communications- and multi engine trainer aircraft
For its communication and multi-engine training needs the resurrected post war Belgian Air Force selected the Airspeed Oxford, 30 of which were ordered on 16 January 1947. In 1950 some 12 more Oxford were acquired on the civilian market which initially were to serve in Belgian Congo. Although most of the Oxfords served with VVS/EPA and the 15th Transport Wing many were also used as base hacks at the different Wings. In July 1955 the Air Force decided that all the remaining Oxfords were to be flown up to their next main overhaul after which they were scrapped at Evere. Their wooden structure didn't allow extending their useful lives. One aircraft (O-16) has been preserved at the Royal Army Museum (WHI) in Brussels.